Do you want to lead a team of packaging employees? Would you rather stand among your employees than above them? Do you monitor the process, but are you also happy to roll up your sleeves if necessary? In that case, Banken Champignons in Wijchen has a great job for you!
What will your tasks be?
As a Packaging Foreman, you will work at Banken Champignons BV in Wijchen. We are the Dutch branch of an international modern family business that grows, harvests, processes, packages, distributes (in cold storage) and sells fresh mushrooms worldwide.
You will lead a team of production employees and belt leaders of our 10 packaging lines. They package our fresh produce according to customer specifications. You supervise the correct production order of the orders and make sure the right product is present in the right quality and quantity and the right packaging materials. You will also consult with the production planner and the Sales department to resolve any problems or delays. If you see opportunities for improvement, we would love to hear your views on how to implement these. In the absence of the production planner, you take over the production planning. You also manage the employees in the department and coach them in their tasks. In other words: you keep an overview, make adjustments and, where necessary, you roll up your sleeves. You will work on a rotational basis, including on some Saturdays and public holidays.
What we offer
- A varied full-time position with ample opportunities to continue your development;
- Possibility for a permanent contract;
- The opportunity to participate in the further optimisation of the Packaging department;
- A competitive employment conditions package based on the collective labour agreement for the Wholesale Of Fruit and Vegetables;
- Attention for good working conditions;
- A modern workplace with an informal, involved and collegial working atmosphere.
What you bring
- You have obtained an intermediary secondary vocational education working and thinking level, through education and/or experience;
- You have demonstrable managerial experience and know how to motivate people;
- You are flexible regarding working in a 2 or 3-shift system;
- You can work independently, and are proactive and stress resistant. You keep an overview, even at busy times;
- Experience with fresh products, experience in the fruit and vegetable sector or a production environment is a plus;
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing is a plus;
- You have affinity with operating machines.
Are you interested?
Have you become enthusiastic after reading this job description and do you want to join our team? Then click on apply! If you want to find out more information first, Please contact Hetty Geitenbeek.